top of page

Built on the ancient customs area, once belonging to the Da Vico counts, the palace was built between 1770 and 1774 by the will of the Marquis Scipione Grillo, Duke of Monterotondo and dell'Anguillara and Cavallerizzo Maggiore at the Court of Parma.

The project was entrusted to a pupil of Petitot, the abbot Giovanni Furlani, while the stucco decoration of the noble floor and the duke's private apartment was carried out by Giocondo Albertolli, one of the most skilled decorators of the neoclassical era.

When Grillo died, the palace passed to the Langosco-Alari counts, then to the Malaspina, Galatino and Mazza-Poldi families; Antonio Marchi bought it in 1859, and it has been owned by the family ever since. 


Facade of Palazzo Marchi and glimpse of Strada Vittorio Emanuele and the Church of San Sepolcro, in a mid-19th century engraving

bottom of page